Saturday, June 22, 2019

My yogic journey

As I do my daily round of the suryanamaskar on the lush green grass in Leh, i somehow wonder would i have been so regular with my fitness if yoga wouldn't have happened to me.
Twenty six years back I started with my first class of yoga.That was when yoga was just a simple class and no prefix fancy names.Well I joined it also to lose weight.The surya namaskar came to me as a sequence of exercise that would make my body flexible.The whole routine of yoga,was a more boring routine than the regular aerobics classes.A gym freak,I missed the loud blaring music compared to the soft sound of breathing.
I would question myself as to why I took the stupid decision of joining yoga.I didn't see any weight loss and more so I would have to quiet my monkey mind which I was against.Ofcourse there were to many things running simultaneously in the head and why should I  silence it? I was taught to think was a sign of success.The mind was supposed to think and think and analyze even the dreams.Didnt I want to be a success too.But suddenly iam told to create silence.
My friends at the gym were having an excellent time with extraordinary scale readings.Here I was breathing slow and deep,breaking down the poisons in my mind.Not hearing the interesting gossips, acknowledging moments of destress and not sharing my thoughts and tales with my friends.Alas I was stuck.A 25 year engineer being made to do a set of slow exercises and connect the breathing to this.....hey bhagwan.Give me a break,this ain't me.Give me the trigonometry and see how I solve that in a jiffy.
But here iam a happy yogic,who has let go the algebra of life to adopt the yogic way of living.Why did I adopt yoga? Because it changed me holistically.It made me move away from the ratrace.It made me live and breathe my passion

This is how at that time I felt miserable from within
Fatigue had started building in me .Work satisfaction was elusive.The outer journey with all the desires looked bleak to attain.My routine of exercising alongwith prayers was not happening.Yoga made me aware of my routine.No matter what I would wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise.Even now it's just been occasionally that I have missed seeing the Sun rise.My food habits started changing.The yoga exercises of the bandha konasana,paschinottasana and the balasana tuck the stomach in such a way that you dont feel hungry.The food cravings reduce, your sweet tooth reduces and you become more aware of what goes in your system.The spine backbends like the dhanurasana,cat,cobra,camel make the spine more sturdy and strong.The posture of a yogic never stoops.After aligning your core between heaven and earth, the energy body is activated.Finding more room in your inner temple,Kundalini energy begins to dance, generating the fire in you.This fire in return activates the manipura chakra( confidence chakra).This chutzpah is all you need to be successful.
To take a successful journey,the foundation of the roots have to be strong.The roots need air,water and sunlight and earth.If the roots are strong the tree is going to give fruits.But if the tree focuses only  on fruits(desires), the cycle of life will be destroyed.
Now,in my fifties,I see what a blessing this journey has been,for it has forced me to discover a calmer healthier me.Not only do I practice yoga daily but i also conduct workshops in India and across the globe.interestingly,my first workshop was with The Country Club in Hyderabad way back in 2005.Then I did a TV show on Tarot live predictions with Etv urdu.Times of India happened when I had a fengshui talk at the premise in Hyderabad.That impressed  the editors then and that got me the weekly column of Mystic Solutions. Sakshi newspaper was indeed all thanks to a friend Kavita.It was her vision of writing Star birthday tarot on every Sunday.We started with Ram Charans birthday tarot and since then iam a regular tarot columnist with Sakshi
 This article is a humble tribute to yoga and do use it as a map for your yogic journey.Using this map, you can rise to heights or nestle in an asana,blaze forth in power or listen to the silent humm of your heart chakra.Once you understand yourself,you can understand,diagnose and address your imbalances by using techniques and postures that transform you- not instantaneously but systematically overtime.The only one thing needed is patience.And I assure you that the one thing that you will never ever regret in life is of you being a yogic.
Love and light
Inseeya
Tarot analyst

No comments:

Post a Comment